I’m a big fan of quotes because they encourage me and give me something to hang onto. They are like beacons of light that give me guidance and pearls of wisdom that I ponder and memorize until they take up residence in the deepest part of me. Many quotes have to mean for a season, like some of these adoption quotes. While others I carry with me as the years pass.
There are a handful of adoption quotes that hold significant meaning for me. Some are in my son’s life book. Some I have discovered recently as our son grows and our needs change.
- “Adoption is a beautiful picture of redemption. It is the gospel in my living room.” – K.J Davis
- “I will not leave you as orphans I will come to you.” – Jesus, John 14:18
- “Not flesh of my flesh nor bone of my bone. But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute that you didn’t grow under my heart, but in it.” – Anna Grace
- “I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” – The Alchemist
- “Parenthood requires love not DNA.” – Author Unknown
- “You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that first moment you had my heart.” – Author Unknown
- “We didn’t give you the gift of life, life gave us the gift of you.” – Unknown Author
- “A Father to the fatherless…God sets the lonely in families.” –Isaiah 68:5-6
- “Adopting one child won’t change the world. But for that one child the world will change.” – Author Unknown
- “The adoption took time. The love arrived instantly.” – Author Unknown
- “A child born to another woman calls me mommy. The magnitude of that tragedy and the depth of that privilege are not lost on me.” – Jody Landers
- “There is an instinct in a woman to love most her own child; and an instinct to make any child who needs her love, her own.” – Robert Brault
May these words give you inspiration and strength to persevere as you continue to love your children and yourself well.
What other adoption quotes do you like? Let us know your favorite adoption quotes in the comments!
Are you and your partner ready to start the adoption process? Visit Adoption.org or call 1-800-ADOPT-98 to begin your adoption journey. We have 130+ years of adoption experience and would love to help you.